Monday, June 29, 2009

More Backpacking


Here I am almost on top of Angel's Landing in Zion. It was quite a climb, but very rewarding. At times the trail was only 3 foot wide with vertical drops on both sides of probably 800 feet. I took a video on the way down that would make anyone dizzy!

We did lots of other kinds of hikes. We "walked" (struggled?) our way upstream in the Virgin River (46 degrees) for several miles before floating back down stream. We wore wet suits, which made it quite pleasant and easy to float downstream when the water was deep enough. I took both my video and still camera, putting them in a ziplock and then in a dry bag whenever I was moving. I have a quite interesting 20 minute video of the inside of the dry bag. You can hear things (the sound of the water, my musings, laughter) but the video is rather dull as the only thing that changes is the light on the bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment