Monday, June 29, 2009

Backpacking in Zion National Park, Utah

Recently some friends and I met in Arizona and traveled to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park for a short backpacking trip and lots of hiking. I took along my not so new digital camera and made it my goal to figure the thing out on the trip. I left it on "manual" the whole time. I gained a lot of confidence in using it on this trip. I ran this image through PhotoShop and made it "arty". It looks great full screen, but not so sure how it will look in this blog format. I halved the pixels/sq.in. and it still took forever to load.

My late husband, Xavier, and I hiked in Zion in our early marriage and I remember then that it was a tough hiking experience and I was in pretty good shape 25 years ago! One of the "feel goods" about this hiking experience was that I could still do it AND still enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment